Priorities for 2022
Levante Foundation invests in charitable projects through grants which enhance the quality of life of senior citizens in the counties where Levante Living operates as well as with other charities as determined by the board.
Levante Foundation aspires to be a strategic and meaningful contributor to the quality of life for seniors in the communities in which they operate retirement homes.
Grants are awarded to Canadian registered charities with the following program focus:
- Senior care
- Research and education
Grant applications are especially of interest from charities operating in the following Ontario counties: Brant, Essex, Kent, Middlesex, Niagara, Northumberland.
Size of Grants
The average grant size is expected to be $10,000.
- Registered Canadian charities undertaking projects to fulfill the mission are prioritized.
- Past grant recipients are eligible for new funding when the outcomes of their previous project have been completed.
Applications for Funding
There are two rounds of grants offered each year. Stronger Philanthropy will invite selected charities to apply.
The following process will be followed:
- Stronger Philanthropy consults their Charity Profile database for organizations that align to the Foundation’s priorities.
- Selected charities are invited to complete an online application several weeks prior to the Foundation’s grantmaking meeting date.
All charities receiving grants from the Levante Foundation will be encouraged to report back on progress made every six months until completion for the outcomes they propose.
- Stronger Philanthropy will email invitations to charities to apply on or after March 30, 2022.
- The grant application deadline is May 20, 2022.
- Applications will be considered by members of the foundation by May 31, 2022, with grants awarded soon after.
- Stronger Philanthropy will email invitations to charities to apply on or after October 3, 2022.
- The grant application deadline is October 31, 2022.
- Applications will be considered by members of the foundation by November 15, 2022, with grants awarded soon after.