Priorities for 2023
Levante Foundation invests in charitable projects through grants which enhance the quality of life of senior citizens in the counties where Levante Living operates as well as with other charities as determined by the board.
Levante Foundation aspires to be a strategic and meaningful contributor to the quality of life for seniors in the communities in which they operate retirement homes.
Grants are awarded to Canadian registered charities with the following program focus:
- Senior care
- Research and education
Grant applications are especially of interest from charities operating in the following Ontario counties: Brant, Essex, Kent, Middlesex, Niagara, Northumberland.
Size of Grants
The average grant size is expected to be $10,000.
- Beneficiaries must be registered Canadian charities.
- Past grant recipients are eligible for new funding when the outcomes of their previous project have been completed.
All charities receiving grants from Levante Foundation will be encouraged to report back on progress made every six months until completion for the outcomes they propose.
Applications for Funding
- Stronger Philanthropy will email shortlisted eligible charities with an invitation to apply for a grant.
- Instructions for completing the application will be contained in the emailed invitation.
- Unsolicited applications are not accepted.
There will be 2 rounds of grants in 2023:
- Stronger Philanthropy will email invitations to charities to apply on or after February 15, 2023.
- The grant application deadline is March 3, 2023.
- Applications will be considered by members of Levante Foundation by April 3, 2023, with grants awarded soon after.
- Stronger Philanthropy will email invitations to charities to apply on or after October 16, 2023.
- The grant application deadline is October 31, 2023.
- Applications will be considered by members of Levante Foundation by November 27, 2023, with grants awarded soon after.
Next Steps: If you believe your charity has a project that fits the priorities of Levante Foundation, you are invited to book a Charity Meeting with Stronger Philanthropy to discuss your proposed project and to introduce your organization. If you’re already a member of the Stronger Philanthropy Community, book a complimentary Community Member Meeting to discuss your proposed project.