Asian Outreach International is a small, focused charity with holistic projects in just a few countries of Southeast and East Asia. Their agricultural training centre will offer capacity building support for Cambodians in a neglected and remote corner of the country.
|Transformational Training Centre–Northern Expansion|
Purpose of Investment:
|To complete a 700 square metre multipurpose training centre in Stung Treng, Cambodia for nonformal education and grassroots training in agricultural and community development skills.|
The February 2016 completion of a 700 sq. metre multipurpose training centre will increase Asian Outreach Cambodia’s regional capacity to provide the following:
- Effective non-formal education programs for 600 people, including:
– Women at Risk, marginalized students/youth from our present 32 communities—increasing to attendees from 50 communities by the end of 2018
– Local government workers, AOC staff, church leaders and business people.
- Provide accommodation for approximately 300 international and local visitors. This will provide a revenue source for AOC, as teams invest their skills in the TTC programs. Income of approx. USD10,000 will help subsidize operational costs of the training centre.
- Provide an event and meeting venue for local communities, government departments, NGOs and churches. Estimates are for 300 meetings, at 2 meetings per week. Event fees of USD15,000 @ $50/meeting will assist in the operational costs of the training centre