Stronger Philanthropy is hosting the ninth year of Stronger Together Grants. We are a collaborative giving circle of major private donors and foundations which seek to enable significant investment into innovation for Canada’s Christian charities. We want to invest in activity that takes your charity out of your status quo and into new activity that benefits your constituency.
There are seven foundations partnering together this year, including:
- Bridgeway Foundation
- Burro Foundation
- John & Rebecca Horwood
- David & Dorothy Lam Foundation
- Kehila Foundation
- Redleaf Foundation
- River Dali Foundation
In the Stronger Together Process in 2018, over $1m will be offered to eligible charities. The intake for new projects through a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) will be May 1-31, 2018. Shortlisted ideas will advance to complete a full application, and following our due diligence will be presented to our clients for their decision in November 2018.
Read the following eligibility requirements carefully to ensure your organization fits within this offer.
Applicants must be Canadian Christian charities who will use our clients’ funds to advance an innovative and creative solution to an existing community need. As well, they will have the following characteristics:
- Charitable status with Canada Revenue Agency
- Minimum $500,000 revenue in the last fiscal year
- Audited financial statements for the past two fiscal years
- Organizational health – in particular, financial and leadership strength is evident
- Any past projects funded by Stronger Together Grants must be complete and are marked as “closed”
- Maximum grant request is $150,000, but request size may not exceed 10% of last year’s revenue [NEW]
This is a competitive process, and unfortunately not all who apply will advance for consideration.
Online classes will be held in April and May to review the goals of this funding round, and to respond to any questions. Classes are being offered for $25 per organization. Select the Stronger Together 2018 Orientation Class when you book your class at this link.
When you’re ready to apply, and once the grant window is open, then click below to begin your application.Login To MyGrants