Priorities for 2023
Note: Redleaf Foundation is currently reviewing its strategic priorities and purpose, and will announce any revisions in July 2023.
Redleaf Foundation partners with Canadian charities that are pursuing new pathways for dialogue and community building.
Redleaf Foundation aspires to see less dogmatic and rigid positions in our world, and a greater embrace of our common humanity.
Redleaf Foundation is inspired by charities who value:
- Cultivating the imagination
- Journeying together as pilgrims
- A rooted yet evolving Christian faith
- Spiritual formation and growth
- Disrupting the status quo
- Charlotte County (New Brunswick)
- Greater Toronto Hamilton Area
Size of Grants
A variety of grant requests will be considered between $1,000 – $30,000. The average grant will be between $15,000-$20,000.
- Registered Canadian charities undertaking projects in specified geographic locations listed in the portfolio focus are the priority for this foundation.
- Past grant recipients are eligible for new funding when the outcomes of their previous project have been completed.
All charities receiving grants from Redleaf Foundation will be encouraged to report back on progress made every six months until completion for the outcomes they propose.
Applications for Funding
- Stronger Philanthropy will email shortlisted eligible charities with an invitation to apply for a grant.
- Instructions for completing the application will be contained in the emailed invitation.
- Unsolicited applications are not accepted.
- Stronger Philanthropy will email invitations to charities to apply on or after August 15, 2023.
- The grant application deadline is September 15, 2023.
- Applications will be considered by members of the foundation by October 21, 2023, with grants awarded following.
Next Steps: If you believe your charity has a project that fits the priorities of Redleaf Foundation, you are invited to book a Charity Meeting with Stronger Philanthropy to discuss your proposed project and to introduce your organization. If you’re already a member of the Stronger Philanthropy Community, book a complimentary Community Member Meeting to discuss your proposed project.