Priorities for 2024
- Redleaf Foundation walks alongside Canadian charities to offer strategic grants which create new pathways for learning and building community.
- Catalysts for pilgrimage together
Values guiding our philanthropy
- Cultivating the imagination
- Journeying together as pilgrims
- Honouring both process and outcome
- A rooted yet evolving Christian faith
- Disrupting the status quo
Size of Grants
- Redleaf Foundation aims to fund a limited number of grants of approximately $25,000 annually, plus one larger multiyear grant per year for a selected charity.
- Beneficiaries must be registered Canadian charities.
- Past grant recipients are eligible for new funding when the outcomes of their previous project have been completed.
- Charities that are active members of the Stronger Philanthropy Community are favoured.
- All charities receiving grants from Redleaf Foundation will be encouraged to report back on progress made every six months until completion for the outcomes they propose.
Applications for Funding
- Charities may create Project Profiles for initiatives requiring funding. This is a form which briefly outlines the initiative and how the charity believes it aligns with the client’s priorities.
- Based on Project Profiles available, Stronger Philanthropy will email shortlisted eligible charities with an invitation to apply for a grant.
- Instructions for completing the application will be contained in the emailed invitation.
- Unsolicited applications are not accepted.
- Project Profiles can be submitted at any time before August 30, 2024.
- Stronger Philanthropy will email invitations to charities to apply on or after September 4, 2024.
- The grant application deadline is September 23, 2024.
- Applications will be considered by members of Redleaf Foundation by October 28, 2024, with grants awarded soon after.
- If you’re not yet a member of the Stronger Philanthropy Community, and you believe your charity has a project that fits the priorities of Redleaf Foundation, you are invited to book a Charity Meeting with Stronger Philanthropy to discuss your proposed project and to introduce your organization.
- If you’re already a member of the Stronger Philanthropy Community, create a Project Profile. Instructions and the access code for completing a Project Profile are located in the Resources/How Do I? folder.