Bridgeway Foundation offers grants to healthy, innovative Canadian Christian charities as well as community organizations that are based in Cambridge, ON.
Humbled by Jesus’ life, we envision a bold philanthropy that stretches the ability of people and organizations to learn and serve at the margins.
Bridgeway Foundation partners with Canadian Christian charities that work in the following areas:
- International Development
- Strengthening Families
- Community Development
Bridgeway Foundation also has a long history of supporting community-led organizations benefitting residents of Cambridge, ON.
Size of Grants
A variety of grant requests will be considered between $5,000 – $50,000, and from one to three years in duration. The average grant will be between $15,000-$20,000.
- Beneficiaries must be registered Canadian charities undertaking projects in areas listed in the portfolio focus.
- Past grant recipients are eligible for new funding when the outcomes of their previous project have been completed.
There are two round of grants offered each year. The following process will be followed:
- Bridgeway Foundation will shortlist a select group of charities that resonate with their stated priorities based on Charity Profiles prepared by Stronger Philanthropy.
- Charities that are shortlisted will be invited to complete an online application. Applications are by invitation only.
- Funding is not assured until applications are approved by the foundation.
All charities receiving grants from Bridgeway Foundation will be encouraged to report back on progress made every six months until completion for the outcomes they propose.
- Stronger Philanthropy will prepare Charity Profiles for Bridgeway Foundation by February 28, 2021 and August 31, 2021.
- Grant applications will be considered by members of the foundation in March-April and September-October 2021, with grants awarded at the end of these periods.
- Applications for Cambridge-based charities will be reviewed in the September-October granting window.