Priorities for 2023
Bridgeway Foundation offers grants to spark innovation and build capacity for healthy Canadian Christian charities, and with community organizations based in Cambridge, ON.
Humbled by Jesus’ life, we envision a bold philanthropy that stretches the ability of people and organizations to learn and serve at the margins.
Bridgeway Foundation partners with charities having broad impact and working in the following areas:
- Community Development
- International Development
- Strengthening Families
Smaller, local charities located in Cambridge, Ontario are also a focus area. Bridgeway Foundation has a long history of supporting community-led organizations benefitting local residents.
Size of Grants
A variety of grant requests will be considered between $5,000 – $100,000.
- Beneficiaries must be registered Canadian charities with annual revenue >$250,000 undertaking projects in areas listed in the portfolio focus.
- Past grant recipients are eligible for new funding when the outcomes of their previous project have been completed.
Reporting: All charities receiving grants from Bridgeway Foundation will be encouraged to report back on progress made every six months until completion for the outcomes they propose.
Applications for Funding
- Stronger Philanthropy will email shortlisted eligible charities with an invitation to apply for a grant.
- Instructions for completing the application will be contained in the emailed invitation.
- Unsolicited applications are not accepted.
Two rounds of grants will be offered in 2023.
- Stronger Philanthropy will email invitations to charities to apply on or after March 15, 2023.
- The grant application deadline is April 3, 2023.
- Applications will be considered by members of Bridgeway Foundation by May 10, 2023, with grants awarded soon after.
- Stronger Philanthropy will email invitations to charities to apply on or after August 15, 2023.
- The grant application deadline is September 15, 2023.
- Applications will be considered by members of Bridgeway Foundation by October 30, 2023, with grants awarded soon after.
Next Steps: If you believe your charity has a project that fits the priorities of Bridgeway Foundation, you are invited to book a Charity Meeting with Stronger Philanthropy to discuss your proposed project and to introduce your organization. If you’re already a member of the Stronger Philanthropy Community, book a complimentary Community Member Meeting to discuss your proposed project.