Priorities for 2024
Bridgeway Foundation offers grants to spark innovation and build capacity for healthy Canadian Christian charities, and with community organizations based in Cambridge, ON.
Humbled by Jesus’ life, we envision a bold philanthropy that stretches the ability of people and organizations to learn and serve at the margins.
Bridgeway Foundation partners with charities having broad impact in Canada and other countries, and working in the following areas:
- Community Development
- International Development
- Strengthening Families
Smaller, local charities located in Cambridge, Ontario are also a focus area. Bridgeway Foundation has a long history of supporting community-led organizations benefitting local residents.
Locally-focused charities such as schools, camps, and churches that serve communities outside of the Cambridge area and mainly rely on their own local members for support are not generally considered.
Size of Grants
- A variety of grant requests will be considered between $25,000 – $100,000 in 2024, with at least one grant larger than this range. However, smaller local charities in Cambridge can only apply for a maximum of 10% of annual revenue.
- Beneficiaries must be registered Canadian charities with annual revenue >$250,000 undertaking projects in areas listed in the portfolio focus. Smaller local charities in Cambridge with previous grants from Bridgeway are also eligible but can only apply for a maximum of 10% of annual revenue.
- Audited financial statements for previous two years. Smaller local charities in Cambridge do not require an audit.
- Past grant recipients are eligible for new funding when the outcomes of their previous project have been completed.
- All charities receiving grants from Bridgeway Foundation will be encouraged to report back on progress made every six months until completion for the outcomes they propose.
Applications for Funding
- Create a Project Profile in the Stronger Grants online application system.
- Project Profiles that are shortlisted will receive an invitation to apply for a grant.
- Instructions for completing the application will be contained in the emailed invitation.
- Unsolicited applications are not accepted.
- Project Profiles can be submitted at any time before March 29, 2024.
- Stronger Philanthropy will email invitations to charities to apply on or after April 1, 2024.
- The grant application deadline is April 22, 2024.
- Applications will be considered by members of Bridgeway Foundation by May 21, 2024, with grants awarded soon after.
- Project Profiles can be submitted at any time before August 30, 2024.
- Stronger Philanthropy will email invitations to charities to apply on or after September 4, 2024.
- The grant application deadline is September 23, 2024.
- Applications will be considered by members of Bridgeway Foundation by October 7, 2024, with grants awarded soon after.
- If you’re not yet a member of the Stronger Philanthropy Community, and you believe your charity has a project that fits the priorities of Bridgeway Foundation, you are invited to book a Charity Meeting with Stronger Philanthropy to discuss your proposed project and to introduce your organization.
- If you’re already a member of the Stronger Philanthropy Community, create a Project Profile. Instructions and the access code for completing a Project Profile are located in the Resources/How Do I? folder.