Priorities for 2024
Motivated by Christian faith, the Legacy Foundation of Canada supports selected charities benefiting communities in Cambridge (Ontario) and Bell Island and Avalon Peninsula (Newfoundland) through grants and involvement.
- Christian Faith
- Community Development
- Mental Health
- Youth and Children
- Cambridge, Ontario
- Bell Island and Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Size of Grants
- A variety of grant requests will be considered between $5,000-$50,000.
- Beneficiaries must be registered Canadian charities.
- Past grant recipients are eligible for new funding when the outcomes of their previous project have been completed.
- Charities that are active members of the Stronger Philanthropy Community are favoured.
- All charities receiving grants from Legacy Foundation of Canada will be encouraged to report back on progress made every six months until completion for the outcomes they propose.
Applications for Funding
- Create a Project Profile in the Stronger Grants online application system.
- Project Profiles that are shortlisted will receive an invitation to apply for a grant.
- Instructions for completing the application will be contained in the emailed invitation.
- Unsolicited applications are not accepted.
- Project Profiles can be submitted at any time before March 29, 2024.
- Stronger Philanthropy will email invitations to charities to apply on or after April 1, 2024.
- The grant application deadline is April 22, 2024.
- Applications will be considered by members of Legacy Foundation of Canada by May 20, 2024, with grants awarded soon after.
- If you’re not yet a member of the Stronger Philanthropy Community, and you believe your charity has a project that fits the priorities of Legacy Foundation of Canada, you are invited to book a Charity Meeting with Stronger Philanthropy to discuss your proposed project and to introduce your organization.
- If you’re already a member of the Stronger Philanthropy Community, create a Project Profile. Instructions and the access code for completing a Project Profile are located in the Resources/How Do I? folder.