Priorities for 2023
Motivated by their faith, the John & Rebecca Horwood Fund invests in a limited number of projects that are poised to scale up with smart, strategic solutions for impressive impact.
The John & Rebecca Horwood Fund aspires to leverage their investment to produce long-term sustainable change in societies.
Size of Grants
A variety of grant requests will be considered between $10,000 – $30,000.
- Registered Canadian charities undertaking projects in specified geographic locations and with values listed are the priority for this fund.
- Past grant recipients are eligible for new funding when the outcomes of their previous project have been completed.
All charities receiving grants from the Fund will be encouraged to report back on progress made every six months until completion for the outcomes they propose.
Applications for Funding
- Stronger Philanthropy will email shortlisted eligible charities with an invitation to apply for a grant.
- Instructions for completing the application will be contained in the emailed invitation.
- Unsolicited applications are not accepted.
- One-off invitations to apply for grants will occur throughout 2023.
Next Steps: If you believe your charity has a project that fits the priorities of the John & Rebecca Horwood Fund, you are invited to book a Charity Meeting with Stronger Philanthropy to discuss your proposed project and to introduce your organization. If you’re already a member of the Stronger Philanthropy Community, book a complimentary Community Member Meeting to discuss your proposed project.