Priorities for 2022
Motivated by their faith, the John & Rebecca Horwood Fund invests in a limited number of projects that are poised to scale up with smart, strategic solutions for impressive impact.
The John & Rebecca Horwood Fund aspires to leverage their investment to produce long-term sustainable change in societies.
- Registered Canadian charities undertaking projects to fulfill the mission are prioritized.
- Past grant recipients are eligible for new funding when the outcomes of their previous project have been completed.
Applications for Funding
There is one round of grants offered each year. Stronger Philanthropy will invite selected charities to apply.
The following process will be followed:
- Stronger Philanthropy consults their Charity Profile database for organizations that align to the Foundation’s priorities.
- Selected charities are invited to complete an online application several weeks prior to the Foundation’s grantmaking meeting date.
All charities receiving grants from the Fund will be encouraged to report back on progress made every six months until completion for the outcomes they propose.
- Stronger Philanthropy will email invitations to charities to apply on or after October 3, 2022.
- The grant application deadline is October 31, 2022.
- Applications will be considered by principals of the Fund by November 15, 2022, with grants awarded soon after.