Priorities for 2023
The Horwood-Labbad Fund offers grants to Canadian charities contributing to the social good in major Canadian cities and beyond.
- One international location per year
- Christian faith
- Communication of results
Size of Grants
A variety of grant requests will be considered between $10,000 – $30,000.
- Registered Canadian charities undertaking projects in specified geographic locations and with values listed are the priority for this fund.
- Past grant recipients are eligible for new funding when the outcomes of their previous project have been completed.
All charities receiving grants from the Fund will be encouraged to report back on progress made every six months until completion for the outcomes they propose.
Applications for Funding
- Stronger Philanthropy will email shortlisted eligible charities with an invitation to apply for a grant.
- Instructions for completing the application will be contained in the emailed invitation.
- Unsolicited applications are not accepted.
- Stronger Philanthropy will email invitations to charities to apply on or after September 29, 2023.
- The grant application deadline is October 20, 2023.
- Applications will be considered by members of the fund by November 6, 2023, with grants awarded following.
Next Steps: If you believe your charity has a project that fits the priorities of Horwood-Labbad Fund, you are invited to book a Charity Meeting with Stronger Philanthropy to discuss your proposed project and to introduce your organization. If you’re already a member of the Stronger Philanthropy Community, book a complimentary Community Member Meeting to discuss your proposed project.