Alexandra Horwood & Andrew James Labbad offer grants to Canadian charities contributing to the social good in major Canadian cities.
Size of Grants
A variety of grant requests will be considered between $10,000 – $30,000.
- Registered Canadian charities undertaking projects to fulfill the mission are prioritized.
- Past grant recipients are eligible for new funding when the outcomes of their previous project have been completed.
- The Fund will shortlist a select group of charities that resonate with their stated priorities based on Charity Profiles prepared by Stronger Philanthropy.
- Charities that are shortlisted will be invited to complete an online application. Applications are by invitation only.
- Funding is not assured until applications are approved by the Fund.
All organizations receiving grants from this Fund will be encouraged to report back on progress made every six months until completion for the outcomes they propose.
- Stronger Philanthropy will prepare Charity Profiles for the Fund by August 31, 2021.
- Grant applications will be considered by the Fund in September-November 2021, with grants awarded at the end of this period.