Priorities for 2023
Mission: The Ross Mitchell Family Foundation renews hope for a better world through cultivating imagination, community flourishing, and truthful storytelling through grants and advocacy with Canadian charities.
- Sustainable Environment
- Indigenous Communities
- Art as an Expression of the Creator
Size of Grants: A variety of grant requests will be considered between $10,000 – $30,000.
• Beneficiaries must be registered Canadian charities.
• Past grant recipients are eligible for new funding when the outcomes of their previous project have been completed.
• All charities receiving grants from Ross Mitchell Family Foundation will be encouraged to report back on progress made every six months until completion for the outcomes they propose.
Applications for Funding
The following process will be followed:
• Stronger Philanthropy will email shortlisted eligible charities with an invitation to apply for a grant.
• Instructions for completing the application will be contained in the emailed invitation.
• Unsolicited applications are not accepted.
• Stronger Philanthropy will email invitations to charities to apply on or after February 15, 2023.
• The grant application deadline is March 3, 2023.
• Applications will be considered by members of Ross Mitchell Family Foundation by March 27, 2023, with grants awarded soon after.
Next Steps: If you believe your charity has a project that fits the priorities of Ross Mitchell Family Foundation, you are invited to book a Charity Meeting with Stronger Philanthropy to discuss your proposed project and to introduce your organization. If you’re already a member of the Stronger Philanthropy Community, book a complimentary Community Member Meeting to discuss your proposed project.