Priorities for 2022
This page will be updated by January 31, 2023 to announce priorities for 2023.
The Ross Mitchell Family Foundation renews hope for a better world through cultivating imagination, community flourishing, and truthful storytelling through grants and advocacy with Canadian charities.
- Sustainable Environment
- Indigenous Communities
- Art as an Expression of the Creator
Size of Grants
A variety of grant requests will be considered between $10,000 – $30,000.
Applicants must be registered Canadian charities undertaking projects with focus areas listed in the portfolio.
Applications for Funding
There is one round of grants offered each year. Stronger Philanthropy will invite selected charities to apply.
The following process will be followed:
- Stronger Philanthropy consults their Charity Profile database for organizations that align to the Foundation’s priorities.
- Selected charities are invited to complete an online application several weeks prior to the Foundation’s grantmaking meeting date.
All charities receiving grants from the Ross Mitchell Family Foundation will be encouraged to report back on progress made every six months until completion for the outcomes they propose.
- Stronger Philanthropy will email invitations to charities to apply on or after March 30, 2022.
- The grant application deadline is May 20, 2022.
- Applications will be considered by members of the foundation by May 31, 2022, with grants awarded soon after.