Thorogood Family Fund
Priorities for 2023
Motivated by Christian faith, the Thorogood Family Fund supports a wide variety of selected charities benefiting the most marginalized in Toronto, in the province of Ontario, and elsewhere through grants and involvement.
Values Guiding Our Philanthropy
- Empowerment of Individuals
- Delivering Tangible Impact
- Creating Efficiencies
- Care for the Environment
- Achieving Sustainability
- Greater Toronto Area
- A limited number of internationally-focused charities will also be invited to apply.
Size of Grants
- Thorogood Family Fund will be making several grants of $10,000-$100,000 in 2023.
- Registered Canadian charity status.
- Past grant recipients are eligible for new funding when the outcomes of their previous project have been completed and the grant has been marked as closed.
- Charities that are active members of the Stronger Philanthropy Community are favoured.
- All charities receiving grants from Thorogood Family Fund will be encouraged to report back on progress made every six months until completion for the outcomes they propose.
Applications for Funding
- Thorogood Family Fund will review current Project Profiles to select a shortlist, and those charities will be invited to complete a grant application.
- Unsolicited applications are not accepted.
- Charities may create and upload their Project Profile at any time before November 8, 2023.
- Stronger Philanthropy will email shortlisted charities with an invitation to apply for a grant on November 8, 2023.
- The grant application deadline is November 24, 2023.
- Applications will be considered by members of the fund by December 8, 2023, with grants awarded soon after that date.
- If you believe your charity has a project that fits the priorities of Thorogood Family Fund and want to explore possibilities, you are invited to book a Charity Meetingwith Stronger Philanthropy to introduce your organization, to discuss your proposed project, and to learn more about the Stronger Philanthropy Community.
- If you’re already a member of the Stronger Philanthropy Community, a Charity Meeting is not necessary. You may create a Project Profile at any time. Reach out to Stronger Philanthropy by DM in the app for an access code to create your Project Profile.